Today I did something that I dont do often but refused to give in to my daughter who was having a bad day. Normally I would have left the store however it wouldnt have been fair to the other 2. Needless to say there was a man in the store who couldnt help but comment. This is my letter to him and all the other people like him.
To the man in the store,
I know it may have seemed like I was losing control but really I had it together. Why should I punish 2 children for one childs mistake. Maybe you were a teacher who took every one recess away because some children were not listening. Trust me if It was back when we were kids I would have left my screaming child in the car but today I could get arrested. I know the words Ill give you something and the intent again if this was back in the day if that is what I chose to do I can do it in public but today if I did that I would be in jeaporday of losing my job. I said let me deal with this my way. You said obviously its not working. How would you know maybe I tried it your way and that just made us all miserable and maybe that is what sent her over the edge. Or maybe next time we go to the store she will behave because she saw her siblings got something and she didn't. So you see mister no one wants a screaming child in the store but I have my reasons so unless you are going to support me because I didnt cave and get her something then shut up.
No comments:
Post a Comment